Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Couple of Weeks

We have had so much fun during the last few weeks - I am so sad I was bad about taking my camera. We took Audrik hiking on the Crimson Trail for his first hike. Draven and him both did well but Kurt and I thought we were going to die :). I seriously hurt for days and, of course, Kurt was fine as soon as it was over.
Then a few days later my dad, Nicole and Dawson (Bill's wife and boy) came down and we went to the park and had dinner. We went to Ryan's place which is our favorite park to go to. My dad was hilarious and so good with Draven and Dawson! He went down the slides, rode in the tire swing, and pretended to be running from the pirates in the wooden boat they have there. I really wish I had my camera because there were some great picture moments.
The following Monday we went up the canyon to third dam to do a hotdog roast for FHE. It had been a yucky day earlier so I was worried it would be too cold for Audrik but it was really nice. Another Audrik first - he seemed to really like the camp fire and just chilled in his stroller. I love campfire and roasted hotdogs!
The best news of all. . . my mom and Bill came home last Thursday. It is so good to have them back from Alaska. Since they got home we have taken the boat out for one last time and also have gotten together for Sunday dinner. I am so glad to have them back!

3 comments:

Tamy said...

Say hi to your mom for me....I miss you guys all the time:)

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

Why don't you ever call me back? Yeah for hiking and hotdog roasting!! Doug and I were talking about FHE the other day! We really miss being able to hang out with everyone. Tell Janet that she needs to start a blog so that we can see pic's of her kids too and tell Nicole that she is past due for a blog post. I'm glad that Draven and Audrik are such good hikers. You and Kurt are going to have to work hard to be able to keep up with them! Anyway, I miss you guys! Have fun with the baby blessing this weekend! I wish that we could be there. I would probably get more homework done at Mom and Dad's than I would here because there would be lots of people to hold Dre for me. Oh well. We miss you guys and love ya too! Answer your phone!

Jen said...

Tell your mom and Bill that Chris and I said hi and that we're glad they made it back safely from Alaska. Also, good luck with the baby blessing tomorrow. I feel really bad that we can't make it. I have to work...otherwise we'd be there for sure!