Sunday morning started out quite nice. Kurt and I were cooking breakfast together while Draven was standing on a chair watching. We were have a good time when all of a sudden I hear this loud thud, Draven screaming and Kurt rushing past me. Draven had been jumping up and down on his chair and had missed. He fell backwards and hit the back of his head on the foot of the table. Draven is a pretty accident prone kid - for example, he is almost three and managed to fall down the stairs a month ago. He just doesn't watch where he is going or what he is going to run into. So, I was concerned but not panicked. . . until Kurt lifted him onto the bar and blood was pouring down the back of his head. We got the blood stopped enough to see how bad the cut was, it was only an inch long but gaping open. So, we loaded up and headed to the emergency room. Drave was a trooper and the staff was great. He watched Dora on the t.v. and got car stickers. The only time Draven struggled was when they gave him injections to numb the area. So, after 4 staples and a Sunday morning adventure, Draven has had his first trip to the E.R.
2 years ago
3 comments:
OH gosh! The poor kid. He sounds like he is such a trooper though. Austin would have been freaking out if I even said the word hospital. I am glad to hear he is OK (minus the gapping hole in his head.)
I know what you mean about accident prone. Autumn is always falling down and hitting her head. She always has a big bump on her forehead, I am hoping she will stop falling one of these days.
Tamy
Awwww poor baby!! But the funny thing is, is that i can totally see draven doing that. He's always been one fearless kid..! Hope he doing good, and didnt have a real bad headace..! We miss you guys too!!! Yes i actually did get dave to do that, even when he knew i was recording..! hahaha, i dont think he knew i was going to put it on my blog... "sucker" Love you guys!
Post a Comment