Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break

The excitement level in our life has decreased drastically in the last few months. I will admit that we are just not much fun right now. So, Kurt's spring break was refreshing and more excitement then we have seen in a long time. Granted we weren't hanging out together but I think we both had a fairly good week. Here is a day by day account. The excitement began a little early so we really had about a week and a half of fun.

Thursday (March 13): Derek, Lindsey, and Logan (Kurt's bro., his wife, and their little boy) stayed the night. They were on their way from Bozeman, MT to Tooele to visit Lindsey's grandma. Logan is so cute and I always love to see Derek and Linds.

Lindsey and Logan

Friday: We went to Angie's for breakfast (Kurt missed out because of school). That evening Richard (Kurt's dad) showed up and spent the night. Draven loves Richard. I don't mean just love - I mean really loves Richard. It is really cute but the poor man can't go anywhere without Drave right behind him or all over him.

Saturday: Kurt and Richard left for St. George to spend the week with Luke (Kurt's other brother). Draven and I left for Barb's house (my sister). Barb and I spent the day hanging out, working on her house, and then taking the kid's clothes shopping. Ohhh, and not to be forgotten we ate those yummy yummy cheese fries at Training Table for dinner. Drave had a great time playing with his cousins and it was really great to spend sometime with Barb.


Draven and Josh

Sunday: Spent the night at Barb's Saturday night so Drave and I headed home. We both crashed as soon as we got to our house. I think we both slept for a good three hours! You can tell our partying level is just not up to the standard it should be. Derek and fam showed back up in the afternoon to spend the night. We all went to Olive Garden for dinner and just had a good time visiting.

Monday: I have definitely sunk to a new level. I woke up and could not even walk from going up and down Barb's stairs all day on Saturday. So, I called in sick and Drave and I just lounged around.

Tuesday: Draven started running a fever at 4 in the morning . . . so didn't get much sleep. The girls in the family (Mom, Nicole, Jen, and I) went to Barb's house and tried to do some work to help her out. Then we went to dinner with Barb once she was off work. It was great to spend the day with the girls but I was still walking pretty funny and Drave was struggling from lack of sleep and the fever. Speaking of which, when Mom and Nicole dropped us off - Drave threw up. I was really grateful my Mom was there!

Wednesday: Another sleepless night. Draven did well but I couldn't sleep because I was worried he would throw up again. I woke up with a cold. I guess all of the playing was starting to take it's toll. Draven seemed much better - must of been a 24 hour thing.

Thursday: Janet and her family came down from Bozeman, MT for the day. I wasn't feeling the greatest but I wasn't going to miss out on seeing her and the fam. So, Draven and I took naps and then went to Preston for the evening. Janet made this really yummy dinner and we played games. It was a great time! I have to take a second here and tell you how amazing my nephews are. Two days later, on Saturday, they both competed in state wrestling for Montana. Isn't that AWESOME!! I think it is the neatest thing.

Friday: I think this was the only day that I actually worked and was productive. The cold was still lingering but I have managed to evade the flu so far. Draven went to daycare and I think he was actually really excited to get back to our routine.

Saturday: Richard dropped Kurt off in the early afternoon. Draven was so excited to have his daddy back and I was relieved. Kurt had a great time in St. George and enjoyed his much needed break. I will post some of his pictures when I get a chance.

4 comments:

Tamy said...

Cheese Fries...YUMMY....Me and Meg just got a training table like a mile away from our house and we are going to go and taste test the cheese fries to make sure they are edible:)

Christy said...

Awww... draven has gotten so big. I'm sad we all had to move away from each other... oh well, i still have my phone.. hahaha! Anyway girl, hope you are doing good Talk to ya later.!!!

Kelly said...

We really need to go to the training table when I come to visit. I can't remember the last time I went there. I am only sure it was with you. You need to post some tummy pictures. I love pregnant people. I can't believe how big Draven is. He is huge. Has he outgrown Josh. Josh doesn't look nearly as chunky as he used to. Sounds like you are keeping busy as usual. So much for taken it easy. Do I need to fly out there and babysit you so you will take a real break? :) Miss you tons.

The Rashall Family said...

I think you should definitely come out and babysit me - I am sooo bored. My personality does not handle "limited activity" well at all. I think Draven actually does weigh slightly more than Josh now. Crazy, huh. Who would have ever guessed :). I can't wait for you to come out. I seriously think about it all the time and can barely handle the anticipation!