Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

When I was little my parents would take us up the canyon to pick huckleberries. We always ate more than we picked but it was a good time. Then before my parents started spending their summers in Alaska my mom and I would go up at least two or three times, in a two week period, and try and pick as many as possible. Those are some good memories. It was a great time to just talk and spend time together. It has been a while but I finally made it back this year to our huckleberry patch. My dad is down for a couple of weeks to do relief work at Cache Meadow Vet Clinic so we convinced him to join us. It was a blast! Janet's family, my family and dad all went up Saturday afternoon. We picked berries and had dinner together. Then Jan and I decided we just didn't get enough :). So, yesterday Janet, Nicole, Dawson and I all went back up. I have decided we are diehard - since it rained and we still picked and picked and picked!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

There are huckelberries in Cache Valley? Why did I not know this? Jacob would die if he found out. He introduced me to them in Bonners as a special Northern Idaho treat. How funny that they were right in my backyard the whole time. Maybe next year you will have to take me out.

Tamy said...

Fun Times with family. Say hi to your dad and mom for me. Miss the clinic and good old days....okay maybe not the poop and blood, but all the friends