Kurt and I have been trying to potty train Draven and, to be quite honest, it hasn't been going well. So far we have had two successful attempts in the toilet and countless accidents. Draven will pee in his undies and then just strip down or lately he will somehow manage to pee on the floor or couch without even getting himself wet. I am not sure how he is managing this since I haven't witnessed the act itself but instead was informed of the situation by the little stinker himself when he came and told me "Momma, I pee on the couch." You can just imagine my joy over that one. Getting to the point . . . the other day we put Draven in his big boy (Lightning McQueen) undies, set the timer for 30 minutes and geared up for another exciting day in the potty training world. Draven really wanted to go outside so Kurt let him out in the play area in the middle of our apartment complex. There are three apartment buildings (a total of 36 apartments) set in a triangle and in the middle there is a grass area and a sand area with play equipment. It is really nice and gated so that it is an enclosed area - plus the bottom apartments (like ours) have access from their back doors. So, after Draven had been playing for maybe 5 minutes Kurt went out to check on Drave and found quite the surprise. Our little angel was sitting in one corner of the sand area "checking out his equipment" with his pants in another corner and his undies halfway between. Kurt about died (lol). I just have to laugh thinking about Kurt's reaction. Kurt hauled Draven inside and told him to come and tell me what he had been doing. I am sure a lot of people either got a good laugh or saw more than they wanted that day.
Kurt and Draven in the common area.
5 comments:
Ha, ha, ha. I love that kid. I wish I could describe to you how hard I am laughing right now. All I can say is have fun!!!!
LAUGHING. Girls are so much easier. I am not looking forward to X potty traing. Have you seen the potty watch? It goes off every 5/20/15/20/30 minutes with music to remind them to go potty.
HOW HILARIOUS! I can just picture Kurt's embarassment. Gotta love little boys!
There is simply nothing better than a Draven story. I almost messed myself laughing so hard!!We miss you and the streaker. I think that the best part is that Kurt found him...
Ohh man I still cannot believe he did that!!! What a hoot! Deb I love you and I love the Yetti too. It was cool hangin out this weekend.
Post a Comment