I decided to surprise Kurt with a trip to Maui for his Birthday. We had so much fun! We left on Sunday, March 8th and got back on Saturday the 13th. My family kept the kids which was so awesome of them. The weather was pretty nice. It was a little overcast with a slight breeze but I thought it was perfect. The breeze kept it from being overly muggy or humid. Kurt and I have been to Oahu a few times but this was our first time to Maui and we loved it. So, here are the details.
Sunday we arrived, got our rental car (a super cute green jeep), checked into our hotel (The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resorts), went to the grocery store, ate dinner and then checked out the grounds at our hotel. It was great. The beach was right behind our condo and they had a great pool that even had a slide.
Monday we ate at the Gazebo which has the world's best breakfast (next to the Maltby Cafe in Washington). Then drove around part of the island stopping to check out a blow hole, Dragon's Teeth (which is a place on the ocean where the lava has been thrust up to look like teeth), and Honolua Bay which had a ton of surfers and a good place to snorkel. We also found a roadside stand with the best banana bread and coconut candy.
Tuesday we got up at 2:00 in the morning to ride up to the top of the Haleakala volcano so we could watch the sunrise. Unfortunately, there was no sunrise because there were too many clouds. So, we drove down about 8 miles and geared up to mountain bike down the volcano. It was about 31 miles and was a blast. After our bike ride we went to eat at the Haliimaile General Store, which I had read about. It was very yummy and had killer crab pizza.
Wednesday we drove the Hana highway. I got a little sick because the road was so
curvy, but it was a beautiful drive. There were a lot of waterfalls and a really cool black sand beach that we stopped and checked out. There were a lot of hikes but we didn't have time to do any because we were so late getting up. My favorite thing about the drive was when we saw a wild boar piglet. He was so stinking cute, unfortunately I couldn't get my camera out in time to get a picture.
Thursday we went snorkeling, laid on the beach, bought yummy food to bring home and just had a relaxing day.
Friday we packed up and checked out of the hotel. Then we just went and hung out on the beach for most of the day. We had to catch our flight at 8:00 that night so we just had a nice relaxing day.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |

3 comments:
Yeah, I have been so excited to see your pic's. You look hot in your green JEEP. You'd look even hotter if you were topless!!! I'm glad that you guys had fun!! Thanks for posting and we'll see ya in a week! lOvE YA!!
Fun, Lucky, Jealous, I can't even imagine going a week without kids. I thought Disneyland sounded cool:) LOL I am glad you guys got to go and have fun in the sun.
I am SOO jealous! It has been a long time since I have been to Maui and I would love to go back. We had fun going to lunch with your mom, Draven, Audrick, Janet, and Maddy while you were gone. We'll have to go another time when you're in town!
Post a Comment