Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Love Summer!

I love summer! I love the warm, although I must admit it would be better with air conditioning. I love being outside whether it is at the park, pool, in the mountains or just spending time with family and friends. I love all of the fun new things that you get to do and experience. Summer seems to be full of adventure and I do love adventure! As I was lying in bed at 5:00 this morning I realized how sad I am to have summer coming to an end. Kurt's school starts in just a few weeks, Draven begins preschool and we will be back to the grind. So, I have made a goal. I am going to continue to create or experience (with success or failure) something new each week.

Here is a list of some of the things I experienced this summer:

  • Canned tomato soup, sweet salsa and apricots for the first time.
  • Learned how to crochet a flower (still mastering that one) - thanks Teresa
  • Taught my nephews swimming lessons after almost 15 years of not teaching - they did awesome!
  • Experienced the copper chutes in Anaconda - I thought they were so fun and have decided that when I grow up and have my own house I want some of my own :).
  • Hiked to the M in Missoula for the first time
  • Joined a card group because I have always wanted to make cards. I must say I have gotten so much better each month (my first card was super scary - this also happened in the Spring but hey I figure it still counts)
  • Learned how to make one of my favorite foods, eggrolls - thank you, Katie.
  • Attempted crocheting a blanket and didn't even get one square done :)
  • Made a pin cushion by paper piecing and then hand stitching it together. - thank you, Zeph.
  • Created a wall of pictures - which I am quite happy about because usually my harebrained ideas usually never turn out as well as I picture them. In fact, I will have to post a picture of this one just so you can see it :).

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love how your wall of pictures turned out!! You definately need to post a pic!
I didn't know you used to teach swimming lessons... I could really use some help getting my boys to swim..they have each had to sessions of lessons...but have inherited some of my anxiety and so need some help...please?!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

amen to summer.......summer is a bummer when over. sounds like you have enjoyed it. take care!

Megan said...

Hey I didn't know you guys had a blog!