We have had so much fun this week. It has been crazy but lots of fun. Last Friday, I took the kids and went and picked apples at my parents house. Our neighbors, the Woodstocks, came along and I am so glad. It was nice to have the company - thanks guys for letting me tag along to dinner. Kurt was at a Halloween Party for some of the other grad students that were leaving to go back to China. I have great plans for these apples and hopefully will get to them this weekend.
Audrik found the apple stash. He was in Heaven.
On Saturday morning we went to the USU homecoming parade with our friends, the Woodstocks. It was Draven and Audrik's first parade and so much fun! Kurt rode on the Logan Stampede float and had one of the other players run a frisbee chuck full of candy to Drave - he thought it was great.
The Logan Stampede Float
Kurt - the only picture I got was blurry. Bummer.
Saturday evening, I had the opportunity to attend the Relief Society General Meeting at the Conference Center in Salt Lake with a bunch of my family. My cousin, Steph, was invited to sing in the choir. It was such an amazing experience to be able to listen to the speakers and choir. After the meeting we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was Jen's birthday, and Becky's birthday was in a few days so we celebrated both. They gave the last piece of chocolate coconut cheesecake to Jen. I am still trying to recover. Good thing I love you Jen :).
I have the best family ever!
The rest of the week consisted of:
- Canning tomato soup - for 10 hours, it was crazy.
- Canning stewed tomatoes, salsa, and bbq sauce. Thanks mom and Jan!
- Work for Deb
- Preschool for Draven
- School for Kurt
- Helping Janet make a scrapbook page for Maddie's spotlight at preschool
- Two birthday parties for Draven - he had so much fun! Fun fact: both were for Madison's and both turned 5 :).
- Soccer for Draven
- Gymnastics for Draven
- Guys night for Kurt
- Girls night for Deb!
We have had so much fun! We live in a great neighborhood. I am so grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful family members and friends. It will make moving bitter-sweet.
6 comments:
yep, you sure did have one crazy, but fun week! What a cute family you have! We love having you guys as neighbors too!
Loved seeing all the pictures of the family. I miss you and your mom:( Are you moving again? How is Kurt's leg?
First off, I want some of the canned tomato soup or at least the recipe. It sounds like you had such a fun and productive week. It just made me realize how absolutely unproductive mine was. We need to chat soon.
We are probably moving in the Spring as soon as Kurt graduates and gets a job. He is having surgery on his knee the 15th.
Sorry about the cheesecake Deb! That just means we'll have to go again sometime so that you can have a piece, and I'll even buy it for you to make it up to you!
Wow...you are one busy girl!! I have heard great things about the tomato soup and am so excited to try it!!! Good luck on Kurt's surgery coming up...You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers and way to endure to this point!! :)
Post a Comment