This year for Christmas my parents took us all snowmobiling through Yellowstone National Park instead of doing the gift thing. My whole family was able to be there, except Audrik. It was an absolute blast! I would love to do it every year.
Kurt and I had vouchers to stay at Shilo Inn so we took off early and stayed in Idaho Falls Saturday night. With work being so crazy it was really nice to just have some family time. We went swimming and just vegged. On Sunday we met Kurt's sister, Teresa, and she took Audrik since we felt he was a little young for the snowmobile ride (Thanks, Teresa!). After dropping off Audrik we headed for West Yellowstone. My parents had gotten us all hotel rooms to stay in on Sunday night. Once we made it to West Yellowstone and got checked in we went and had some yummy pizza and then went back to the hotel to play in the pool. The next morning we took off early to start our snowmobiling adventure. We had to have two guides because of the size of our group (you can't snowmobile in Yellowstone Natl. Park without a guide). It was so beautiful and we had an amazing time. We got to see a bald eagle, elk, buffalo, and coyotes. The buffalo were a little close and let me tell you - they are massive!
The crazy family
3 comments:
What a wonderfual idea. I love the idea of doing a big family trip instead of the gifts. I wonder how I can get my parents to do that instead. I think I'm going to start working on that one. :) Or I could just go back to my original plan and get your parents to adopt me. Do you think they would take in my whole little family?
I love that idea instead of doing gifts. It looks like you guys had a blast!
It was so much fun! Kel - my family LOVES you. I am sure we could convince them to adopt your little family :).
Post a Comment