This year we decided to have a Miller family reunion the weekend of the 4th and it was a blast! We all arrived at the cabin in Island Park on Friday night and got our tents set up. Saturday morning we got up and decorated the kids bikes so that they could participate in the I.P. Bill's Island parade if they wanted to. The parade was so much fun, with a lot of people participating and lots of candy for the kids. After the parade we had a family biathlon. It was originally going to be a triathlon with canoeing, biking, and running but the weather was a little chilly so we just did the biking and running portion. The biathlon was such a great idea and was so much fun! Of course, it helped that my team won :). Later that evening we went to the Island potluck dinner which was pretty yummy. After dinner we wandered over to a neighboring cabin and set up our chairs right on the lake shore to watch the fireworks. They had a boat promenade before the fireworks which was really neat. Some of the people had gone all out in decorating their boats. The next morning we picked up camp and Kurt and I headed home so I could work Monday. Thanks Doug and Jen for putting in so much work. I hope we do it every year!
Grandma and Draven during the parade
0 comments:
Post a Comment