A while back my family decided it would be fun to ride the Hiawatha Trail. We scheduled it for a Saturday morning and arranged to meet in Northern Idaho. Kurt's parents had moved to Spokane a couple weeks before so we thought it would be fun to take a long weekend and spend a few days with them since we would already be close by. We left Thursday and made the 10 hour drive to Spokane getting in fairly late. Friday we went to the Riverfront park in Spokane to see the falls and walk around. It was beautiful and the boys loved it. There was a huge Radio Flyer wagon that had a slide where the handle would be. The boys also got to ride on the historic carousel that was built in 1909. After the Riverfront park we went back to Kurt's parents and loaded up our bikes and went for a ride along the river. I think the trail was called Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes and the view while riding was gorgeous! Saturday morning we got up early and drove a couple of hours over to the start of the Hiawatha Trail which is where we met up with my family. It was a great ride and the views were breathtaking. The trail is 15 miles long and you go through 10 tunnels and over 7 train trestles. The longest tunnel was 1.66 miles long and was pitch black! It was a little disconcerting at first especially since I couldn't see more than a foot in front of me with my head lamp.
The huge Radio Flyer wagon. Richard and the boys are on the left.
Audrik on one of his many rides down.
2 comments:
Didn't you love Hiawatha Trail. I loved it when we did it. Austin still talks about how much he hated that first tunnel. I have to admit I don't blame him. It was kind of freaky. Especially when Austin started asking questions like, "What if a bear is hiding on the side and decides to jump out and eat us?" That's when my imagination went wild. It was so fun though. I want to do it again! I loved chating today!
Those are some way cool pictures. THat huge radio flyer slide is awesome!
Post a Comment