I know in previous posts I have discussed the fact that although I am a true planner and really like to be organized - my life just doesn't work that way. Nothing is simple and no matter how well I plan nothing goes the way I envision it to. We are moving in a week (yep, number 7 since we were married almost 7 years ago). This isn't the big news but I should have known something else was coming since we never move without something else happening at the same time. Twice it has been an addition to the family, once I had work meetings (and Kurt packed and moved us), and on and on the list goes.
To the point of this post. . . a few weeks ago I received a very surprising phone call. It was my previous boss from RRD in Thurmont, Maryland. After the pleasantries he came right out and asked if they hired me back on under Thurmont if I would be willing to come back to work. Without a second of hesitation I said NO! Then I had to be the logical soul I am and say but maybe I would be willing to work one to two days a week depending on the offer. Since, he is only working as a contractor for RRD on Fridays he said he would pass the word on. I received an email a week ago offering me a position at 20 hours a week and with a slight increase in pay. So, I made an extremely ridiculous counter offer (in my opinion) thinking they would never go for it. Well, who would have guessed but they called and agreed to all of my conditions and now I am going back to work. Aaaahhhhh. I really don't know what else to say. I have no desire to go back to work but I logically can not say no (they made it nearly impossible). Plus, to be perfectly honest I see the Lord's hand in this and what a huge blessing it will be for my family. We can save for Kurt's doctorate school and it will help in the long run. We are so truly blessed.
Sorry for the rambling . . . you can tell I am still a little shocked :).
2 years ago
8 comments:
Yeah!! Congrats, you guys. We are really excited for you and look forward to some more pictures of Audrik and Draven.
Congrates! Where are you moving too? In utah or out of utah???
We are just moving three blocks away to a three bedroom so Audrik doesn't have to sleep in the front room anymore - yeah!! I am working from home with a totally flexible schedule so that will be great with the kiddos and we can live anywhere which will be nice when we move for Kurt's Phd (if I am still working).
Oh my, I really need to call you. Congratulations on the job. 20 hours a week isn't really that bad plus a ridiculous raise. That is awesome and really tells you how valuable they really thing you are. Maybe all those years of crazy long hours is paying off. Nice work and have fun moving. I have to admit I thought you were going to make another annoucement and I was so ready to laugh so hard. I guess I won't. Talk to you soon. Love ya.
Congrats! I'm glad that you will have a flexible schedule...that will be so nice with the kids. I am going to work 20 hours a week after our baby comes..we'll see how it works out!!
Debbie, It's Molly from Dr. Isaacson's office. I hope that you don't mind me checking out your blog. I got the link off of Charee's. That is truly amazing about your new job. It pays to ask for the improbable.
Debbie I remember now that you did go with us to the haunted house and the only other person I remember was James. But I do remember it was a big group. Meg and Jared came over on Saturday and we were remembering all the fun Bahama times.
Post a Comment